How to choose cold galvanizing vs hot galvanizing?
Zinc plating refers to a surface treatment technology that coats a layer of zinc on the surface of a metal, alloy or other material to perform aesthetics and rust prevention.
For CARING’s customers, many of them are interested in the galvanizing process. The following article will introduce the galvanizing process and the difference between hot-dip galvanizing and cold-galvanizing.
Zinc-half of the world’s zinc is used for galvanizing.
Zinc is easily soluble in acid and soluble in alkali, so it is called amphoteric metal. Zinc is hardly changed in dry air, so it’s widely used in the zinc plating industry.
For our material handling equipment, zinc coating is mainly used to prevent corrosion of steel, and its protective performance has a great relationship with the thickness of the coating.
The rust-treated steel is placed in a zinc bath at about 500 ° C to allow the zinc layer to adhere to the surface of the steel structure.
- Hot-dip galvanized coating is thicker, generally 30-60 microns
- The outer surface is rough and dark, but long-term rust prevention, at least 7-8 years.
- Large steel parts for outdoor use, such as highway fences, power towers, large-size fasteners, etc.
- The degreased, pickled steel is placed in a zinc salt solution, and a zinc film is adhered to the metal surface by electrolysis.
- Cold galvanized coating is relatively thin, generally within 5-30 microns
- The outer surface is smooth and bright, but the rust prevention time is short about one year.
- Used for rust prevention of indoor parts, such as trolleys, roll containers, small-size fasteners, etc.
Through the above comparison, Did you get how to choose cold galvanizing vs hot galvanizing? if you need large equipment for outdoor use, then choose hot-dip galvanizing, like heavy-duty pallets, highway fences, etc. If you need carts, roll containers, storage Cage used in warehouses, cheap and beautiful cold galvanizing is your best choice.
Check CARING finished in bright electroplated zinc, with lacquer top coat material handling tools in the below:
- Golden Full Security Double Door A Frame Transport Trolleyadmin2020-02-26T08:37:39+00:00